Last Updated: 11 May 2018
No.6 Cinema is the trading name of Independent Cinema Portsmouth Ltd which is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. No.6 Cinema offers a range of services, transactions and communications which may request data from you. This policy sets out how we do this and applies to anyone who visits our website (www.no6cinema.co.uk) or corresponds with us by phone, e-mail or in person.
Please read it carefully and if you have any questions please use the details in the 'Contact Us' section below to get in touch with us.
When do we collect information from you?
We collect information that you give us by filling in forms, either on our Site or in person, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- use the interactive sections of the Site;
- book tickets through our box office;
- donate or provide sponsorship to us, or meet to discuss potential support you may give;
- when you report a problem with our Sites;
- attend a meeting, event or workshop;
- make a café table booking, register lost property or complete a comment card;
- enter a competition.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data we collect about you may vary depending on the service you request from us. As a minimum we will collect from you:
- your name; and
- your email address;
From time to time, depending on the service you require, we may also request the following:
- Postal Address
When you book tickets for any of our events or shows we will collect your telephone number so that we can contact you in case of changes to the programme.
We will also use your telephone number to contact you with regard to competition entries or lost property.
We record the fact that you are age under 26 if you purchase 25 and under tickets. At no time will we request your date of birth.
We collect and store these on our Box Office system so that we can help you when you visit the cinema.
When you buy tickets, we will collect payment information from you such as credit or debit card details or bank information for the purposes of taking payment through our third party providers. We do not store this information ourselves.
Other Information we collect
If you correspond with us generally, for example to raise a query, comment or complaint about any of our services, we will also collect any other information you choose to send to us in that correspondence.
When using our Site we may also collect some technical (not personal) information about how you use our Site, for example the type of device you are using, your operating system, IP address, the web address you arrived at our site from, and length of visit.
How do we use the information you provide?
Where you have disclosed your information to us, we use information:
- because it is necessary to administer the services you have requested from us from time to time and fulfil our obligations to you in providing these services.
We will use your personal information to provide you with No.6 Cinema news and information, and with opportunities to support No.6 Cinema in the format, and in accordance with any preferences you have requested.
We will use the information provided to process your payment for any tickets purchased and to provide you with those tickets. We may also collect your information to compile internal lists about audience statistics for our own analysis or, where applicable, compile an attendance list.
We will also use this information to provide you with news and updates about our products and to provide you with marketing information from time to time about our products.
We will use your personal data to administer payment of your donations or sponsorship. We will also contact you to keep you informed of the impact of your gift and to contact you regarding further opportunities you can partake in to support No.6 Cinema.
We will also use information we collect to:
- administer our Site and make sure you can use it properly and effectively;
- respond to any questions, requests or complaints we receive from you;
- to analyse the use of our Site; and
- to improve our Site.
We won't use your information for any purposes except those above without letting you know and getting your permission if necessary.
Who do we share your information with?
We don't sell your information.
We don't share the information that is provided to us except:
- with third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service provider, who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you or, where we are able to send you marketing information, to do so;
- if we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to);
- If we run an event in partnership with another named organisation we will also share information with that partner to enable it to report to funders and inform audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below. We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; and
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
Further, if you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe from such notifications at any time using the link on any e-mail that we send to you, or at any other time by getting in touch with us using the details set out in the 'Contact Us' section below.
At the end of your relationship with us you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so as far as we are reasonably able and subject to our legal requirements to retain such data. You can also request that we provide you with written confirmation (including in the form of a certificate) of the deletion of your personal data, which we will provide if we have deleted that data and can provide evidence of this.
Third party links
Our Sites may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
If you use any third party sites or resources the third party services' rules and policies will apply and you should check these before you submit any personal data to third party sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. This policy applies solely to information collected by No.6 Cinema.
No.6 Cinema is the trading name of Independent Cinema Portsmouth Ltd which is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales No 7984041, VAT Registration: GB 215 198 805. Registered Office: 68 Kensington Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 0JR.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which No.6 Cinema handles your personal data, please email email@example.com.
Closed For Now
We have made the sad decision to temporarily close No. 6 Cinema until it is safe to reopen. Please see our "Whats On" Page for the latest status and how to claim a refund for any prebooked tickets. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy everyone.